After nearly 4 years of building a work from home business that works for me, my family and plays off my strengths, I am finally at a place where I am ready to brand myself and announce to the world that I am going to reach for and achieve all the successes I can dream up.
It wasn’t always this way – I used to be quite happy working in a traditional job. I still love my old company and the financial security it afforded me was not something I took lightly. When I started my “grown up” career, I did so having just learned that I have Multiple Sclerosis. I must have been naïve, because I let it roll off my back as I joined the IT department of my new employer.
For a long time, I knew that I wasn’t going to be a life-er at Costco, but I didn’t know how to get out and carve my own path until after my younger daughter was born.
If I could sum up the past 4 years of her life, I would put it in three phases
– first two years: figure out what I could do for “work” to be able to afford to quit
– second two years: work in the business and determine my strengths
– present: drive toward making this business everything that the past 4 years have taught me
So, I have been building websites specifically designed for fitness professionals for over 2 years. I am driven by my clients’ passion for fitness and wellness. I would like to believe this is evident in the websites I produce.
What’s really cool, is that as I transitioned from phase 2 to phase 3, I grew more confident in my voice and my mission. I’m proud to say I wear geek on my sleeve and lululemon on my body. It’s awesome to have two passions and be able to merge them into something new and even more exciting!
What you should know about me
My success relies solely on the successes of my clients. And, my clients take on many forms, from fitness studios, gyms, group fitness instructors, Beachbody coaches (more on that shortly) and personal trainers to moms with weight loss goals, dads who want to get healthy, brides & grooms wanting to change their habits before tying the knot and others who have found that now is the time to put their health first!
So, you made it this far in my bio – want to know more about me as a person?
- Born and Raised in Vancouver Canada. I have two younger siblings.
- Graduated from McGill University with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science in 1999
- Was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1999
- Moved to the Seattle area in 1999
- Married my husband in 2003
- Became a mom in 2006
- Became an American citizen in 2008
- Became a mom again in 2009
- Began teaching fitness classes for moms in 2009
- Launched Simply Jaime, for small business website development in 2010
- Quit being a full time career mom in 2011
- Launched Fit with Flair in 2011
- Joined Beachbody as a coach in the Platinum Presenters organization in 2013
- Lots more to come this year!
A friend recently described me this way:
Jaime uses her vision to create a path to success. As she follows this path there is nothing that can stop her. Each challenge she faces strengthens her with more passion to find skills and tools she needs to achieve her goals.